I was completely unfamiliar with Acai Berry until two months ago when a fellow blogger introduced the drink to me. Upon finding out that one bottle of Organique Acai costs Php 2500 in Watsons and Mercury Drug outlets, I was shocked and have psyched myself to expect that I won’t like it to much (When a drink is THAT expensive, trust me, you don’t want to like it. It’s going to burn a hole through your wallet.) So I tried it for a month, taking one jigger (or one shot glass with about 30 ml of acai berry juice) every morning, until I consumed the last drop of acai berry juice in my first bottle. And guess what? I bought another bottle. And another bottle. And another one after that.
I couldn’t completely believe it either, but for someone like me who’s frugal to a fault, I just didn’t expect to make Organique Acai a part of my lifestyle. Here are some of the health benefits of Organique Acai:
- Açaí Can Help You Sleep Better
- Açaí Can Increase Your Energy Level
- Açaí Can Reduce Cholesterol
- Açaí Can Help You Lose Weight
- Açaí Can Help Lower Your Stress Level
- Açaí Can Improve Your Sexual Health
- Açaí Can Ease Women’s Menstrual Cycle
- Açaí Can Help You Fight The Wrinkles
- Drinking Açaí Can Make Your Teeth Stronger
- Açaí and Your Vision
- Açaí Can Aid Your Skin Tone
- Açaí Can Fight Aging
- Açaí Can Protect Blood Vessels
- Açaí Can Improve Your Resistance To Disease
- Açaí Can Improve Lipid and Glucose Levels
- Açaí Is a Great Helper Against Osteoporosis
- Açaí Can Prevent Some Causes Of Heart Disease
- The Açaí Plant Sterols Can Help Lower Your Blood Pressure
- Açaí Can Help In Relieving The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Açaí Can Also Act Like An Astringent
- Açaí Can Fight Cancer
- Açaí Can Make Your Body Stronger
- and many more!
In fact, on Organique Acai’s Facebook page, they enumerate 39 reasons why Acai berry is good for the body. The thing is, most of the benefits included in that list are things that I can’t really vouch for, since they’re mostly about preventing diseases, or relieving symptoms of illnesses I don’t have. However, here are some of the reasons why I kept on buying Organique Acai even though it’s a bit pricey:
- It helps curb the hunger pangs and cravings. I admit, I bought more juice primarily to lose weight after reading a user’s post on Organique Acai’s Facebook page talking about how the drink helped her achieve a flatter belly. Hey, a girl can dream, right? So I kept on buying more, especially because I was preparing for a photoshoot and I wanted to shed off some weight. While it did not really flatten my belly, it helped me control my appetite. I’m now able to subsist on one heavy meal in the morning, and fruits for lunch and dinner. As to whether I lost weight, I still haven’t weighed in, so I can’t really say for sure, but I’ve been getting positive feedback on how much thinner I look.
- It makes me feel less bloated. I can’t sufficiently describe this, but it makes me feel lighter inside.
- It’s delicious! I look forward to my morning dose of Organique Acai, followed by two glasses of water. It even helps me increase my fluid intake.
Some of the things I don’t like about it are:
- The price. It’s definitely expensive at PHp 2500. However, you can get it for a discounted price at Lazada.com.ph, and sometimes, in Mercury Drug outlets.
- It’s hard to measure 30 or 60 ml when you don’t have a shot glass. I was lucky to be provided with a shot glass specifically for taking Organique Acai, but I imagine this would be a problem for first-time users, especially having to measure or drink the juice with tablespoons.
- While you can drink it any time of the day, it’s advised to be taken first thing in the morning. But sometimes, I just forget these things.
- The drink has to be kept refrigerated once opened. I’ve read concerns about users who bought it who did not have a refrigerator at home. The drink would go bad if unrefrigerated, so make sure to hold off on buying acai berry juice until you have a refrigerator where you can store the drink.
- The drink is not *YET* available in smaller serving sizes. So if you just want to try the drink to satisfy your curiosity, you’ll have to buy the 946 ml bottle. However, late last month, Organique announced that they will be making the drink available in smaller servings, so watch out for it!
So why do I keep buying it? I feel better (less bloated, lighter inside) when I drink Organique Acai everyday. It’s a small price to pay to start investing in one’s health. ;)
How about you? Have you tried Organique Acai Berry before? Share your thoughts with me in the comments section below!-HANA