I’ve been meaning to update sooner with a quick tutorial on how to achieve Georgina Wilson’s fresh-faced look in this photo of her at Times Square, New York, but I took forever trying to achieve the same look with bolder, red lips. Georgina wears it so well, that I think we can totally own the look, New York or elsewhere! So here I am to share with you the tips and tricks I did for these looks. I found that it only takes only ten steps for this quick and easy look:
1. Prep and prime! In putting on makeup, start with a clean face and a clean pair of hands. For the face, cleanse, tone, and moisturize. Once you get moisturizing out of the way, apply primer on your face evenly.
2. Apply foundation and concealer. Conceal dark under eyes, acne marks and dark spots.
3. Do your brows. There are a lot of different ways you can do your brows, but for Georgina’s look, strong brows are the way to go. Don’t overshave or overpluck and keep it natural looking by using a medium brown shade of eyebrow powder.
4. Highlight and contour. Make your cheekbones pop and highlight your face’s beautiful bone structure by highlighting your forehead, the bridge if your nose all the way to the tip, and the area just above your cheekbones. Contour under your cheekbones, jawline, and the outer edges of your face. Don’t forget to contour your nose by applying a nose line and blending it properly!
5. Apply Maybelline New York White Super Fresh 12H No Touchup Powder Foundation to keep your face looking naturally fresh all throughout.
6. Use a silver shade of eye shadow and apply it from the inner corners of your eye to about 1/4 of your lid. This will add sparkle to your peepers!
7. Apply Maybelline’s Color Tattoo 24-Hr Cream-Gel in Creamy Beige from the outer corners of your eye going in. Add a touch of color neatly under the lower lids. Blend it evenly with your fingers.
8. Line your eyes with Maybelline New York Lasting Drama Gel Eye Liner. Don’t be afraid to go for the bold cat-eye! This look is all about highlighting your big, beautiful eyes. Line your upper and lower lids, with the eyeliner on the lower lids kept close to the lash line. Pro-tip: When using the eyeliner brush, practice on the back of your hand in creating fine lines and thin strokes. Take baby steps in lining your eyes by making thin dash lines and connecting them to each other. Remember: slow and steady does it!
9. Pick your choice of blush, and apply it on the apples of your cheeks. 10. For the lips, make sure they’re exfoliated properly before applying lipstick (Believe me, you don’t want to apply matte lipstick on chapped lips). Choose Maybelline Color Sensational Bold Matte in Mat 1, but you can also play it up by going for a bolder red color like I did!
Now it’s time to rock that look by getting these Maybelline NYFW products, available in all Maybelline counters nationwide, and revel in that dramatic look!-HANA
Over the weekend, I did a short melancholic video (first time to be uploading an instavid, so it was definitely a learning experience!) featuring a look I put together with the help of #MaybellineNYFW featured products. I’ll be posting a quick tutorial soon on my blog. In the meantime, watch out for the upcoming #Maybelline sale from November 13 to December 15. The sale will include NYFW featured products! Make sure to start saving and researching on which products to get for yourself! ;) 👛💄💸#MaybellineNYFWxHANA A video posted by HANA (@dollhana) on