I haven’t been regularly updating the blog because I got swamped with work at the office, but I am continuously searching and testing for quality beauty products that I can share with you dolls. Luckily, I have one right here from Etude House: their bestselling BB Cream called Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit.
Priced at Php 798, the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit is a certified beauty kit must-have for many girls. It has been in the market for quite a while now, and has received its fair share of raves. And if you are someone who is not into the BB cream craze, then you might find my perspective on this product easy to relate to.
The packaging would really lure the little girl in you to buy this in a heartbeat. A slim, shimmery, pink box with lace patterns houses an equally small and slender 60g tube inside it. The size of the tube makes it easy to fit into most bags, and the cap rarely stays out of place. It has a pump that dispenses more than a pea-sized amount of the product even with very little pressure applied to it.
The Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit comes in three shades: N02 Light Beige W13 Natural Beige W24 Honey Beige. I got the Natural Beige, and for reference, my MAC Shade is NC30.
For fans of Etude House, you’d recall that Etude House has also released BB creams in the past called Cotton Fit and Bright Fit. The Cotton Fit featured a cotton-like, powdery finish, and the Bright Fit promised sheer and silky complexion. The Blooming Fit packaging provides an insight on what makes it different from the first two BB creams:
This BB cream comes with a “slim later fit formula” that smoothly glides onto skin even when you apply several layers, helping to express clean, bright, and smooth skin with its mother of pearl.
Here’s a quick rundown on what I liked and disliked about the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit:
Plus points for:
- The packaging. Everything about this BB cream screams princess. Its size also makes it easy to fit into any bag, making it the go-to beauty fix for everyday use.
- The smell of the BB Cream is very friendly to those who are very choosy when it comes to the scent of their cosmetics. It has a hint of the scent of jasmines, which I love.
- It easily blends well and mattifies without much needed effort.
- It has a shimmery effect that gives the skin a healthy glow.
- Three shades to choose from.
Minus Points for:
- Poor coverage. The Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit would be a good choice for people who have very little scars, discolorations, and imperfections to hide. Meanwhile, for the rest of us who need medium to heavy coverage, the BB cream needs a little more oomph in the coverage department.
- I tend to stay away from products with high SPF, as they are the ones that are mostly high in oil content, and does not keep my oilies at bay. The shimmery effect of the product coupled with my eternally oily face makes it difficult for me to be confident in using the product and not be paranoid about the oiliness of my face. If you really love the product, just make sure to have blotting paper on hand to blot out excess oils.
- The hue of the product is too pink for me. For girls with rosy skin, this would be a good fit for you. But as luck would have it, I’m one of the many Filipinas who was blessed with a skin tone that is yellowish in hue.
I finished it off with my HG compact, but found that the shade was just too light for me and the hue was glaringly pink in contrast to my yellow-hued skin. But hey, while this might not be my HG BB Cream, some of you girls might love this product and find it suited to your skin type, hue, and tone.
How about you? Have you tried out the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit yet? Love it or hate it? Let me know in the comments section below!-HANA