So Roch of RochKirstin.com tagged me with a nomination for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and I just had to take part. It’s a great exercise to get people sharing more about themselves, and give the blog a personal touch (if it isn’t personal enough!) If you want to take part in the tag, simply follow the rules below:
1. Post a picture of the Sunshine Award
2. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
3. Share 11 random facts about yourself
4. Answer questions posted by the blogger who nominated you
5. Nominate 11 bloggers (no tag backs) and let them know about your post
6. Write 11 questions for your nominated bloggers
11 Random Facts About Myself (That I think Most People Do Not Know About… Yet)
1. I love ketchup. I cannot live without ketchup in my life. I can consume ten sachets of ketchup for one burger.
2. When I’m sad and feeling lonely, I get up and go to the nearest book store to buy a book. That’s a sure fire way to cheer myself up.
3. I’m very short, and truth be told, I sometimes I feel insecure about it. Especially because I enjoy modeling and posing for the cameras, and height is always a factor. But then again, I’ve gotten used to it and think it’s an asset than a liability. Being short has also pushed me to exercise at least fifteen to twenty minutes a day. It’s just so difficult to be short and fat.
4. I’m cold-intolerant, and I don’t sweat as much compared to other people during sweltering days. With that said, I don’t drink cold water. I also don’t enjoy food that is too cold or too hot, just like Goldilocks. :)
5. I’m sentimental. And like most sentimental people, I’m a pack rat. I hold on to things and memories that doesn’t serve me anymore.
6. I don’t find the need to drive, but I understand the need to learn the skill. I’m just not the type who’d drive for myself when I can get someone else to do it. I enjoy looking at the surroundings or sleeping during the trip.
7. I don’t keep a diary or a planner, but I always have a small notebook and a pen with me, and before the year ends, I make it a point to buy myself a new one.
8. The beach isn’t my first choice of destination for the summer. I’d rather go for activities within the metro, and go places that doesn’t consume too much time. I will choose the pool over the beach any day.
9. People are almost always surprised to find out that I met 2/2 of my past boyfriends online. What? I spend a lot of time online :)) Now I’m alone, and this is why I love workdays. I don’t have trouble sleeping at night because I’m so tired when I get home. I don’t have to be plagued by self-defeating thoughts like never finding another person who’ll love me as much as the first one did, or never finding another person who I’ll love as much as my second one. Now I’m just happy to not be feeling anything and at the same time, scared that I will find someone who will love me so much and who I will love so much.
10. I love having NYFD fries when I watch movies in the cinemas. And a Large Cocoa with Rocksalt and Cheese from Happy Lemon, please.
11. One of the anime characters I can closely relate to is Mirai Kuriyama from the anime series Kyoukai no Kanata. It’s funny because she rants a lot on her blog as well! But in one episode, I was reminded of the real reason why I blog: and that’s to share and spread the happy memories I’ve made. It’s not always going to be easy and fun, but when I’ve earned those good times, I’m not going to keep it to myself. I will make sure to share it to the world!
Here’s my answer to Roch’s 11 Questions:
1. Where do you want to travel next? Definitely Thailand. I’m going there with my best friend for our joint birthday celebration! Can’t wait to try all the uber spicy and authentic Thai dishes!
2. What’s your top three most favorite restaurants? Silom Thai, Masuki in Binondo, and Ramen Nagi.
3. Are you afraid of ghosts? Yes, but I haven’t seen any, so…
4. If you have a billion dollars, what would you do with it? Invest it in a business, and retire.
5. What are you most grateful for? I’m most grateful for the opportunities that come my way, thanks to blogging. Even my current job was a big factor in bagging me the position.
6. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? My best friend.
7. What are some of your hobbies? Blogging (duh.), Cosplaying (still!)
8. What is one habit you want to break? Shifting from one career to another just because I can.
9. Would you rather yourself be less attractive and extremely intelligent or extremely attractive and less intelligent? Both can make you money, but only one will last. So I say, less attractive and extremely intelligent.
10. What is the best gift you’ve ever given? I pay for my mom’s insurance to give her peace of mind. So that’s probably the best gift I can give her.
My 11 Nominated Bloggers:
1. Alice of PhotoExcape
2. Kamila of Batbutt
3. Monica of Gong-ju Monica
4. Kenny of Life Is Kulayful
5. Ay Lin of The Daily Posh
6. Jen Maslang of Shop Girl Jen
7. FPJ of Manual To Lyf
8. Wilma of Oh So Petite!
9. Rochelle of Rochelle Rivera
Questions to My Nominated Bloggers:
1. What do you not leave home without?
2. What is your comfort food?
3. If you can give an advice to your younger self, what would it be?
4. Who is your favorite person in the world?
5. What do you like the most about yourself?
6. What place do you consider your “Happy Place” and why?
7. Would you change anything in the past? Why or why not?
8. What special skill or talent do you have that not a lot of people know about?
9. What would you not do for love?
10. When are you happiest?
11. So far, what is the best thing that has happened to you this year?
Have fun doing the tag! :D And don’t forget to pay it forward :)