If you’ve never heard of Cake Eyeliners, well you’re in for a treat. I’ve never heard of it too, until makeup school happened, and I’m glad I learned about it early on. Cake Eyeliners are amazing, since it’s practically like gel eyeliners, except that it’s in a compact powder form. It’s dry, which means you have to apply some water for your small angled brush to be able to apply it. a friendly warning, by the way: Do not expect that your neighborhood saleswoman in the Makeup Section of the Department Store would have heard of Cake Eyeliners before. I tried, and it’s too much to expect them to know, lest they carry a brand that has offers cake eyeliners.
Graftobian Cake Eye liner has become my HG Eyeliner. I bought it for 750php from Pure Beauty, at 2nd floor, Serendra. It’s totally worth the price, because it is amazing. Let me tell you what I love about it:
- It’s very durable!
- Despite the name, it doesn’t cake or flake.
- It doesn’t smudge.
- Apply a little spritz of water on the pot, and you’re good to go.
- It comes in two shades, Espresso (Dark Brown) and Jet Black.
- You can control the intensity of the shade with the amount of water you put on the pot! Espresso can be used to create light brown to dark brown lines. Amaze-bells.
- Since it’s dry, and it’s powder, it doesn’t expire as easily as gel or liquid eyeliner. I think this is the bit I love the most about it. It’s very practical to have a go-to eyeliner that you won’t easily throw out because it has reached expiration.
And if there’s anything at all that I don’t fancy about it, it’s probably because:
- You need to have a small angled brush in order to apply this Cake Eyeliner. And you need a very good one to apply defined lines. If you’re small angle brush is substandard, you will be very dissatisfied with how rough and undefined your lines would look. For best looks, try the MAC 263 Brush (which is not very cheap at 1.5kphp), the MakeUp Designory Small Angled Brush for Lining Eyes (Available at Purebeauty, Serendra for 850php), and the cheapest but not as awesome as the first two is Artnet Small Angled Brush (Available at Robinsons Department Store, Robinsons Galleria, for 180php).
- You need water! And not just any water but distilled water so that it doesn’t expire easily. Best to put the water in an atomizer so that you’ll be able to easily spritz it on the pot without having to go through the hassle of looking for source of water.
I recommend the Graftobian Cake Eyeliner to everyone, regardless of budget. Why? Becuase it’s practical to get a 750php Eyeliner that will not fail you, than get cheap ones which you have to throw away every time you’re dissatisfied with its durability.
Here are photos of the Graftobian Cake Eye Liner applied:
I love doing winged eyeliner looks with my Graftobian Cake Eyeliner. How about you? What’s your HG eyeliner? –HANA